Hostgator offers cheap unlimited webhosting that newbie and advanced bloggers take advantage of. You will never go wrong with it as your web hosting service provider. In fact you can have your website migrated for free here.
Days ago, I shared the reason why I switched my web-hosting services from GoDaddy to Hostgator. It is one of the best internet hosting providers that offer very affordable plans. The transfer made blogging so much better; the fact that it is now faster and more convenient. I do not experience crashes and request time out errors anymore. Divi is communicating with WordPress perfectly. My time is well-spent in writing blog posts and making videos for my Youtube channel.
Hostgator’s Free Website Migration Service
Here are the steps to moving a website from one host to another:
- Transferring website files
- Transferring website database
- Transferring applications to the new location
- Pointing your domain’s DNS to the new host.
I am not going to tackle each step in this blog but I will be talking about one step during the transfer of website files and database, which is called Website Migration. During the transfer, it is required that you migrate all the data from your previous hosting to the current service. There are two ways for the migration to happen. One way is to do it yourself, which is more complicated because of too many actions that you need to do on your part, unless you are tech-savvy. The other way which I recommend for you to do is to request for the free migration service.
Website migration is not really a tedious process, if you know how to do it yourself. I am not a web-techy individual but I always find myself doing the technical stuff on my own. This created a lot of web mishaps for me, I tell you! So, the best thing you can do is request for Hostgator’s Free Migration Service and let them do the work for you!
So, here’s the step by step process to migrate your website for free:
- If you haven’t signed up for Hostgator yet, you can sign up here.
- Once you have signed up and have access to the billing account of Hostgator, there’s a link that you need to put the details in. In order to start the migration, you must input the following information:
- Account Domain Name
- WordPress Info
- CPanel login URL
- Back up file of the old website
Once you have all the information, go to the transfer form and request for the free transfer.
Once you have completed filling out the form, just wait for the confirmation email from Hostgator! The free blog migration service details will be delivered to your mailing inbox.
Get Hostgator as your Webhosting service – use MIXMASTER60 coupon code to get 60% off your bill!
Latest posts by Gelot Macaranas (see all)
- How To Choose The Best Studio Monitors To Produce Amazing Tracks - August 8, 2017
- What You Need To Know in Buying the Best Computer for Home Recording - August 5, 2017
- Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Review | Mixing Mastermind - August 3, 2017
7 Easy Steps to Pro Sounding Vocal Tracks
GET YOUR FREE Vocal Mixing Made Easy ($20 Value) NOW!